Monday 13 February 2017

Marionette Gallery 30 - The Magician Kazur


What does a magician look like? Remember that I asked myself that question. My result was that he exists in two world. Our human one and the world beyond of what we can see and realise. The carved result was a doubled faced member of the crew. The stage entry showed the human one and when he slowly turned his other side was revealed. Pretty effective trick for my production of Alladin and his wonderful lamp.
The hand on each side was corresponding. This marionette is slightly taller than my average of 600mm. This gave him an even more menacing expression. The original show was named Alladin and his magic lamp. Christian families did not let there children go as it had to do with magic. Changing it to wonderful did not raise any objections and everybody was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment