Tuesday 8 April 2014

touring diary 1

Sorry sorry this is a rather wordy blog as my limited ability in the computer field and my Samsung devise do not want me to download the photos..... Yes being on the road you have to compromise! Photos in the next blog when I will be home again. On the positive side the weather over the  three weeks has so far been brilliant and the slogan of Bluff School  - Where the journey begins - was extremely fitting for the 30 years anniversary tour. So many slogans and schools later I it in the office of Akaroa Area School and type these lines. Southland and Otago are behind me and the next few days will see me in Canterbury. For the overseas readers, these are all provinces of the South Island of New Zealand. Lets state it, it is the larger of the two main islands and with fewer inhabitants than a city like Berlin. Well all of Berlin is about the population of New Zealand. It is open though and amazing scenery. The shows went very well with teachers and students remembering my last visit. Bit scary when parents come along and mention that they saw in in school all those years ago. Time does not stand still that is for sure.
At Medbury I did an additional mask workshop that fitted into there artsweek and here in Akaroa ten students participated in the show as Dwarfs, Hunters, Singers and Ambulance team, just delightful.

Until mid next week  with photos and stories, keep tuned.

Had to wait that I was home so photos at last
 Great little school at the very end of the South Island enjoyed it immensely
The look behind the stage after the show is always interesting and gives pupils time to ask questions and have a close up look.



Medbury school had another nice school motto that fitted the tour well. The boys created some brilliant masks during the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment